Monday, October 19, 2015

COZY COVERUP


Ah, LA weather... I swear, it's the most unpredictable thing ever! I remember freezing in Malibu mid August a few years ago and tanning in November the following year! By now, I've accepted the fact that you have to expect the unexpected and even though it felt like I'd be spending the entire winter wearing denim cut-offs and flip flops last week, this week, it seems like the sweater weather is finally upon us! YAY!







Naturally, I am taking full advantage of the cooler temperatures by breaking out a few of my new fall favorites! Right now, it's all about capes and cover ups for me! There is something so incredibly cozy about them, yet still very chic and dressed up! And of course you know how much I love that! I am also digging a simpler almost monochromatic color palette these days, opting for just a single pop of color or print. Today's hero piece is of course this gorgeous southwestern blanket coverup! Because it's such a statement piece I decided to pair it with simple black separates, i.e. a black turtleneck sweater and scuba legging. I also love adding a pop of silver to my black and white looks, so I opted for a pair of mirrored sunnies, sudden boots and bag. 

What about you guys? Are you also loving the cape/cover up trend of the moment? 

EXPRESS southwestern fringe blanket coverup, ribbed turtleneck sweater & moto zip accent scuba leggingSAINT LAURENT Emmanuel small studded fringe bucket bag  & embellished leather ankle bootsDIOR So Real 48mm sunglasses 

No comments:

Post a Comment